Online applications are invited for the Internship at National Disaster Management Authority. Check the duration, eligibility, and other details below!
About National Disaster Management Authority
National Disaster Management Authority(India), abbreviated as NDMA, is an apex Body of the Government of India, with a mandate to lay down policies for disaster management. NDMA was established through the Disaster Management Act enacted by the Government of India on 23 December 2005.
The internship is designed for Indian students currently enrolled in Disaster Management courses across India and abroad. Disaster management as a field of practice demands trained and qualified professionals. NDMA, therefore, being the apex institute in this field, aims to provide experiential learning and exposure in the domain of Disaster Management.
The internship scheme intends to engage the interns with various divisions within NDMA as well as leading organizations of India for mutual benefits. The engagement with divisions/organizations will be based on the skills and interest areas of the interns so as to provide additional support on specific subjects to the organization. NDMA also views this as an opportunity to infuse young talent into the organization and bring more openness to the government institutions.
Description of the Internship Scheme
The internship scheme seeks to engage Indian nationals enrolled as postgraduate/research students in reputed Universities/institutes within India or abroad. The internship is structured as follows:
- At least ten interns will be inducted during a year.
- Internships shall be available throughout the year based on the requirements of NDMA.
- The online application window will be open on the NDMA website.
- The interns will be engaged across various divisions of NDMA.
- The internship scheme encourages female candidates, students from weaker socioeconomic backgrounds, and from the North-Eastern states to apply.
The duration of the internship shall be at least six to eight weeks and not exceed two months. On successful completion of the requisite period, an experience certificate of the internship shall be issued by the Joint Secretary/Advisor of the concerned subject division or the Member’s Office. The interns are required to maintain minimum 90% attendance during the internship. The attendance and details of work will be supervised by the head of the concerned subject division.
The interns will be paid a remuneration of 12,000/- per month.
Before applying, candidates should read all the instructions carefully and ensure that they fulfill all eligibility criteria for the internship. The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree program in Disaster Management or in an equivalent postgraduate degree program such as Development Studies, Economics, Humanities, Sciences, Management, Engineering, Health Studies, etc., or have recently graduated with a university degree in a concerned subject. If the student pursues a different academic discipline, there should be a clear linkage with disaster management.
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications).
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent interactive and interpersonal skills, and flexibility to work in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply?
Interested students must apply through NDMA Jobs only. The duly completed Internship application form includes the following:
- Link 1: Application Link: Duly filled in Bio-Data Pro Forma
- Link 2: Verification Link: for download & Statement of Purpose
After submission of the Internship application form from link 1, Go to link 2 to submit the verification form along with the application form duly signed on each page. The application will be considered only when candidates duly complete filling up the form from both links. In case of any deficiency of any type in the documents, the candidates would automatically stand canceled any time on finding such a deficiency.