Microsoft invites applications for Data Scientist Internship Opportunities at Microsoft in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Noida. Check eligibility and other details below!
Microsoft India (R&D) Private Limited, a subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation, set up Microsoft India Development Center (MSIDC) in Hyderabad in 1998. Over the course of the past 21-plus years, we have expanded to become one of Microsoft Corporation’s largest R&D centers outside its headquarters in Redmond. MSIDC is a part of Microsoft Corporation’s strategy of global shared development, where teams across geographies collaborate to build great software and services. Our engineers in MSIDC contribute to the engineering of critical and important technologies in the
above areas, thereby impacting millions of lives.
Internship Overview for Data Scientist Internship Opportunities at Microsoft
- Every year, Microsoft welcomes thousands of university students from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
- At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way.
- You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passions and achieve your goals.
- This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology.
- The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connections, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Machine Learning Discipline at Microsoft for Data Scientist Internship Opportunities at Microsoft
Microsoft’s tools drive the widespread adoption of Machine Learning and AI on the cloud, by providing a highly productive experimentation and modelling environment to help teams of data scientists and data professionals be highly productive with AI.
They design, build and operationalize data science tools and environments to create end-to-end solutions for high-value customer & partner scenarios leveraging big data, and scalable systems. Microsoft is continuously investing globally in this technology area to make our products smarter.
A few areas where you would see ML applications in Microsoft are:
- Bing • Cortana
- HoloLens • Xbox – Kinect
- Azure Machine Learning • Microsoft OneDrive
Responsibilities for Data Scientist Internship Opportunities at Microsoft
Data Scientists at Microsoft build and evaluate machine learning models and algorithms to solve real-world problems. You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions. Work with an interdisciplinary team on real-world applications of computer vision, and machine learning geared towards applications for
human communication and well-being.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers, data regression, recommendations and predictive models
- Analyze petabytes of data and mine patterns from logs
- Bring data to life using rich visualizations
- Create language models, speech models, vision models, etc.
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and innovate to create next-generation feature sets.
- Enable natural and contextual interactions in apps integrating cognitive and analytics services
- Adapt standard ML methods to best exploit modern parallel environments.
- Implement algorithms that power user and developer-facing products reaching out to millions of users.
- Measure and optimize the quality of your algorithms.
- Work in product teams shipping large-scale end-to-end applications/solutions.
Qualifications for Data Scientist Internship Opportunities at Microsoft
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- One year of programming experience in an object-oriented language.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to write clean, well-crafted code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, durability, and maintainability.
- Communicate effectively to surface progress, risks and help needed within the project team
- Good to have: Kaggle score, knowledge of C++, C#, and .NET, R / Matlab / Scipy / Pandas / Weka, and scripting languages such as Perl, and Python.
- Experience with Hadoop / Hbase / Pig or MapReduce / Bigtable / AzureML a plus
How to Apply for Data Scientist Internship Opportunities at Microsoft?
Interested candidates can directly apply through this link.
Locations for Data Scientist Internship Opportunities at Microsoft
Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Noida
Stipend for Data Scientist Internship Opportunities at Microsoft
₹ 53,945 – ₹ 55,290/month
Note: Stipend information is taken from here.