Applications are invited for Workshop on Research-Oriented Technical Writing at NIT Jamshedpur for the year 2023. The last date of application is 30 June.
About the Workshop
This will be Hands-on workshop for the people who are about to initiate their research and academic career. The goal of the workshop is to enhance the knowledge of research and funding agencies for the projects.
The participants will be introduced to the various research aspects such as how to read and write a research paper/report/thesis and further improve their reading, writing and presentation skills. The participants will also be benefitted by learning skills and providing Hands-on Experience to the State-of-Art tools.
The primary scope of this workshop is to provide an exposure to understand LaTeX, typographic software, for the participants to prepare the high quality technical reports and research manuscripts. A brief discussion about the journals metrics such as h-index, g-index, i10 index, cite score, and impact factors will be provided in this workshop.
Apart from it, various sessions regarding project funding agencies, national and international agencies, writing for grant application, patenting, IPR have been organized to enhance the technical writing skills.
- To provide a high-quality typesetting instructions for producing scientific and technical documents.
- To demonstrate how toformat the content and insert images, equations, tables, algorithms and references in LaTeX.
- To discuss the various aspects of the research paper preparation, thesis writing, and CV preparation in LaTeX.
- Preparation of effective power point presentations, posters, research databases and metrics.
- Writing application for research grants, technical report, patent filing and spreading awareness of research ethics.
- Registration starts: 10/06/2023
- Registration ends: 30/06/2023
- Notification to participants: 01/07/2023
Interested candidates can register online via this page.
- UG Students: Rs. 100
- Research Scholars/ PG Students: Rs. 200
- Faculty/ Industry participants: Rs. 300
Dr. Arvind Kumar Prajapati