Space Application Centre, ISRO invites applications from the BTech, MTech, MSc, MCA and PhD for SAC ISRO Internship for Final Year Batch. Check the details below!
About Space Application Centre
Space Applications Centre (SAC), is a major research and development centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). It plays a key role in realizing the vision and mission of ISRO. Located in Ahmedabad, SAC is spread across two campuses having multi-disciplinary activities.
The core competence of the centre lies in the development of space-borne and air-borne instruments/payloads and their applications for national development and societal benefits. These applications are in diverse areas and primarily meet the communication, navigation and remote sensing needs of the country. Besides these, the centre also contributes significantly to scientific and planetary missions of ISRO like Chandrayan-1, Mars Orbiter Mission etc.
About SAC-Academic Associate Programme (SAC-AAP)
The in-plant training programme (ITP) is open to students from academic institutes located in different parts of the country. It has been renamed as “SAC-Academic Associate Programme (SAC-AAP)” in 2014. SAC-AAP provides an opportunity for students to work with scientists/engineers on SAC projects and it has the following three schemes
- Work-Experience Internship (WEI): It is offered to engineering graduate (BE/BTech) students who are studying in India for their final year/semester project work for a period of a minimum of 4-6 months.
- Dissertation Internship (DI): It is offered to post-graduate (ME/MTech/MSc/MCA) students who are studying in India for their final year/semester dissertation for a period of 6-12 months.
- Research Internship (RI): It is offered to PhD scholars who are registered in Indian institutes for doing their thesis work which is relevant to SAC for a period of 4-12 months.
The scientific research and training division (SRTD), is responsible for research and training at SAC for students, academicians and decision-makers. The minimum period for research and training at SAC for the students and academicians is three months.
Who can Apply?
- SAC prefers BSc (Engg)/BE/Btech/MSc/MCA/Mtech/ME/PhD students in Remote Sensing, GIS, Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Eco-systems, Meteorology, Oceanography, Computer, Electronics, Communication, and Mechanical for their final year project.
- Students for longer duration are preferred.
- For details about possible research fields in Earth EcoSystems pls visit www[dot]vedas[dot]sac[dot]gov[dot]in and in Meteorology and Oceanography visit www[dot]mosdac[dot]gov[dot]in
What did they provide?
- Project guide, lab facility, library, canteen and internet facilities on working days to facilitate research and training work.
- In the end, we provide a completion certificate.
How to Apply?
Interested can download the form through this link.