Nominations are invited for Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Telecom Excellence Award 2023 by Ministry of Communications. The last date of nomination is 30 June.
Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Telecom Excellence Awards (hereinafter, the ‘Award’) have been instituted by Ministry of Communications, Government of India to encourage innovations in telecom sector and stimulate/ inspire Telecom Skill ecosystem by rewarding the successful telecom skilled people and institutions of India annually for their exemplary and outstanding contributions in the areas of Telecom Innovation, Telecom Skilling, Telecom Services, Telecom Manufacturing, Telecom Applications in deploying telecom dependent sectoral solutions for different fields such as agriculture, commerce, health, education etc.
- All Indian citizens as well as institutions registered in India or created by the Central/ State governments/ Union Territories are eligible for the award.
- The awards shall be given on the basis of contributions made and work done in India during last three years.
- There is no age limit. Age shall not be a limiting factor for excellent work/achievement.
- Applicants who have been selected for the Award during the last three years are not eligible to apply for these awards.
- Individuals who are/were employed in an organization promoted and financed by the Central Government or State Government or in the respective governments and work/contribution submitted for consideration of award is their primary job/ duty/ responsibility, are ineligible for the awards unless such contribution has been after retirement etc. from such an organization/ government.
Who can nominate?
- Any Indian National or Institution based in India can nominate themselves for consideration for this Award. In case of Individual nominee, if work done in professional/official capacity, it is mandatory to upload specific recommendation of organization. In addition to this, organizations can also nominate their employees for consideration for this Award.
- Nominations for considerations for this award are also invited from:
- Universities; Technical/ Educational/ Academic Institutions
- Invest India under Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Heads of recognized Telecom Industry Associations/ Societies.
- The recommendations for the award may also be invited from the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations and Ministries/Departments of the Government of India who shall send their recommendations online.
- The original copy of the document may be kept ready by the nominee. These may be required to be submitted to the Department, if and when required by Department of Telecommunication.
Interested candidates can submit nominations via this page.
- A Screening Committee will be constituted in the Department of Telecommunication to process the applications for eligibility and completeness. It may verify the authenticity of the work claimed to have been done by the applicant.
- The Screening Committee shall place the processed applications before the ‘Award Committee’ chaired by Chairman DCC & Secretary (Telecom).
- The names of the candidates recommended by the Award Committee will be submitted to Minister of Communication for approval.
The Award shall carry a shawl, citation, Plaque and a cash amount of rupees two lakh per awardee.