Registrations are open for Short-term Course on Deep Learning for Digital Health at IIT Patna on 18-19 August 2023. Online registrations are open on the official website.
About the Course
Due to the increasing number of patient data, manual analysis and monitoring of such data is becoming less feasible and more complex. Advanced computing technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL) has enabled the healthcare sectors to gain deeper insights from patient data.
AI has the ability to successfully process and analyze large variety of data which is far beyond our capacity and has the potential to transform many aspects of patient care. This has led to an increasing demand of bigdata analytics. AI in healthcare has enabled the innovation of several advanced technologies in the field of patient monitoring systems, breast cancer risk predictions and even ICU death predictions.
Advanced computing is changing how life sciences organizations approach healthcare research and delivery, offering new opportunities for improving outcomes while reducing costs and risks. This also has effect on business which help them predict medicine demand, demand for hospitalization facilities, bed turnover, insurance premium pricing etc.
AI is playing an important role in transforming both health and healthcare in and out of clinical setting. It is the future of public health, and acts as a bridge that connects healthcare delivery from a personal level to a system level.
Thus, with the help of AI it is possible to support doctors, physicians, administrates, hospital owners, drug manufacturers as well as customer service representatives by offering them proper assistance, automation of clinical documents, patient medical history and preferences, image analysis, disease diagnosis, virtual observation and patient outreach, inventory management.
The proposed course will give the participants an overall idea of present status of applications of AI for healthcare. Participants will get opportunity to interact with experts from IITs, DRDO, AIIMS Patna, CDAC Patna and hospitals such as IGIMS Patna and PARAS Patna.
This course provides a unique platform for multi- disciplinary knowledge exploration, amalgamation and augmentation of engineering with clinical science and how technology aids the health care market and healthcare business.
This course helps the faculty to integrate AI and healthcare to cater the needs of students in pursuit of their urge for knowledge.
- To provide an in-depth knowledge with practical applications through theoretical session blended with hands-on experiments.
- To enhance the skills of participants to make them well equipped with the current state-of-the-art technologies.
- To provide thorough application oriented and problem-based learning with real life examples.
- To equip the faculty to make utmost competent to capture the knowledge urge of modern-day students.
The course will cover the basic concepts of AI in healthcare. Various applications of biomedical signals in different field such as cognitive assessment, brain computer interfacing will be discussed. Application of biomedical signal in disease prognosis and diagnosis will be explained with results. The course includes technical discussion on the following:
- Introduction to biomedical signals
- Application of biomedical signals in healthcare
- Filtering in medical signal analysis Introduction to AI, ML, DL
- Machine and Deep learning applications in healthcare
- How ML can be used for predicting pricing, inventory management
- How to forecast future demand for specific healthcare services based on patient records.
Medical doctors/ practitioners from AIIMS Patna, PARAS hospital, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Science Patna are also invited to deliver talk and share their experiences.
Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Students: Rs 1000
- Faculty: Rs 1500
- Industry Delegates: Rs 2000
- Free for Medical Practitioners
Dr Maheshkumar H Kolekar, Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Patna,