Applications are invited for University Post-Doctoral Fellowship (UPDF) Programme 2023 at SRM University. The last date for application is 21 July.
The objective of the University Post-Doctoral Fellowship
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship positions at SRM University-AP are designed to discover and empower enthusiastic young researchers, offering them the necessary support to conduct cutting-edge research in various fields including science, engineering, management, liberal arts, humanities, and social sciences.
These positions offer an opportunity to collaborate closely with a faculty advisor, fostering their growth as independent researchers while providing a solid foundation for their future endeavors.
Eligibility Criteria for University Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Ph.D. degree in the fields of sciences, engineering, management, liberal arts, humanities, social sciences, and interdisciplinary areas.
- Ph.D. scholars who have submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply for UPDF positions.
- The maximum Age is 35 years.
Roles & Responsibilities of University Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Carry out independent research: theoretical, analytical, experimental, and applied.
- Write funding proposals under the supervision of faculty advisors.
- Mentored and supervised junior colleagues and Ph.D. scholars, providing guidance and developing research skills.
- Assist faculty advisors in research-based UG and PG teaching.
- Publish research findings in journals and highly rated conferences; Publish patents leading to commercialization and technology transfers.
Duration of University Post-Doctoral Fellowship
The duration of the fellowship is 2 years to be reviewed annually and is subject to satisfactory performance.
Application for University Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Only applications sent via email before July 21, 2023, will be considered. Duly filled applications can be sent to asstdean.research[at]srmap.edu.in
Amount of University Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- A monthly salary of Rs 58,000/- along with House Rent Allowance (HRA) as per University norms. (During the first year)
- A monthly salary of Rs 61,000/- along with HRA if the UPDF publishes two papers in Q1 and/or ABCD-A*/A journals as the first or corresponding author. (During the second year)
- For candidates who have submitted their thesis but have not been awarded the degree: A monthly salary of Rs 41,000/- will be provided along with HRA.
Other Benefits of University Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) will be applicable to those without university accommodation. For those provided with university accommodation at a license fee, food and transportation charges will be as per actual charges.
- Suitable rewards for publication as per university norms.