Institute for the International Education of Students focuses on students’ global leadership roles; invites applications for the Remote Internship Opportunity at IES Abroad.
IES educate students to become global leaders through premier study abroad and internship programs, which offer students worldwide experiential learning opportunities that set the highest standards of academic quality.
What it means though, is that we’re passionate about making meaningful academic and cultural education opportunities available to students around the world.
They started as the Institute of European Studies, then became the Institute of European Studies/Institute of Asian Studies (IES/IAS), next Institute for the International Education of Students, then finally our name became who we are today: IES Abroad
- The IES program guarantees an unpaid, 8-week, 0-, 3-, or 6-credit summer or 0-credit, 12-week semester internship placement for 10-32 hours per week in the field of your choice.
- Develop your professional skills, and your ability to communicate across cultures, and gain real work experience that will jump-start your career in today’s competitive job market.
- Before you start, we work with you to find the ideal internship placement that fulfils your career goals. They’ve placed students in a wide variety of organizations and businesses.
- If they don’t currently work with a business or organization in your field of interest, we will search for a placement that’s right for you.
- Personalized Placements
- They will work with you to find a placement in the field of your choice.
- Internships Where and When You Need
- We are excited to help you work remotely anywhere in the world.
- Hands-On Experience
- Get hands-on, professional experience.
- Intern Around the World
- We place you in any of our internship destinations.
- 18 years of age
- In good standing at your home school
- 2.5 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale (GPAs under 2.5 will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- At least sophomore standing prior to application; rising junior status at the time of program departure. (Students who have completed one year of undergraduate study may apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time degree program, or a graduate intending to begin their internship no more than 12 months after their graduation date (solid academic credentials related to studies or experience in the desired field of placement required); graduate students enrolled in a full-time degree program may apply and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Non-U.S. citizens attending U.S. schools: Native English fluency or test scores demonstrating English proficiency, including IELTS scores of 6.0 or above or a TOEFL certificate with a score of 500 or above for paper or 60 or above for internet.
- Non-U.S. citizens attending school outside the U.S.: Native English fluency or IELTS score of 6.0 or above, taken within the last two years.
- Visit the IELTS website to find a test location near you. IES Abroad reserve the right, in its sole discretion, not to accept students who it believes do not have the necessary English language competency to succeed in an Internship Program, irrespective of the applicant’s score on a language proficiency exam.
Spring 2024: Mid-February-Mid May
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through this link.
Contact Details – Internship Program Advisor
Once you’ve applied for an internship, Alexis Watson be your direct point of contact. From field placements to housing and everything in between, Alexis Watson will be here to help you prepare for your internship. Once you’re accepted to your internship, you’ll find even more detailed information about what you need to know before you depart in your Predeparture Guide. Let’s get started!
800.995.2300 ✉️ internships[at]iesabroad[dot]org
Application Deadline: Nov 9, 2023