Online applications are invited for the PhD Intern at General Electric (GE), Bengaluru. Check the internship details below!
GE rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers
- As a PhD Intern – Aeroacoustics/Aeromechanics/Aerodynamics you will collaboratively work on aeroacoustics/aeromechanics/aerodynamics research & development programs for GE Aerospace applications.
- You will interact with personnel at GE Aerospace and GE Aerospace Research to develop and deliver novel solutions aligned with GE Aerospace’s goals of shaping the future of flight.
- This is a paid internship and is typically structured for a 3-month, or 6-month period or upon successful completion of PhD thesis defense whichever is earlier.
- It may be extended or converted to a full-time employment based on performance, mutual interests, and business/program needs/funding.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply your knowledge in aerodynamics/aeroacoustics/aeromechanics to develop innovative aero-acoustic/aero-mechanical/aerodynamic solutions for GE Aerospace aircraft engine applications.
- Deliver on assigned technical project(s) with guidance to meet project requirements
- Participate in a team on technology programs, while demonstrating independence in executing tasks leveraging your technical skills.
- Completed Ph.D. thesis research work in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering specializing in Aeroacoustics/Aeromechanics/Aerodynamics; you should have approval from your University & Doctoral Advisor to pursue this internship opportunity.
- Demonstrated fundamental knowledge in aeroacoustics / aeromechanics (FSI)/aerodynamics, evidenced by advanced graduate coursework and research.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in computational aeroacoustics/aeromechanics/aerodynamics Modeling, Simulation & Analysis with a focus on turbomachinery, inlets & exhausts.
- Experience with commercial software (ANSYS FLUENT, CFX) or in-house code development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
Desired Skill Sets
- Doctoral level research in any one of the following areas: aeroacoustics, aeromechanics/fluid-structure interaction, aerodynamics with a focus on turbomachinery applications, inlets and exhausts.
- Programming skills in Python, MATLAB, FORTRAN
- Computational Aeroacoustics / Aeromechanics / Aerodynamics projects with demonstrated ability to set-up, execute and post-process simulations with a reasonable degree of independence
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can directly apply through this link.