Applications are invited for JRF/PhD Position at IIIT Delhi Under ISRO Funded Project for the year 2023. The last date of application is 30 June.
Inviting applications for a JRF/PhD position in Multi-sensor data fusion and Orbit determination with nonlinear estimation for space debris RADAR.
This position is sponsored by ISRO Respond Program. Due to increased human activity in the last two decades, near-earth space is becoming congested from functional/non-functional satellites and space debris. These space objects of human origin and natural asteroids, and space weather possess natural, accidental, or intentional threats to the functional and expensive satellites.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in CSE, ECE, Aerospace Engineering or related field with CGPA >= 7.5
- CSIR-UGC Net (Assistant Professorship)/ GATE qualified
- Good written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Knowledge about linear algebra, vector calculus, State Space Methods, Modern Control Theory
- Proficient in Linux, MATLAB, and Python
- Maximum age limit – 35 years
- Knowledge on orbital mechanics, Kalman Filter
- Experience in Applying Kalman Filter
The successful candidate will work on a project funded by the ISRO Respond program and participate in developing advanced multisensory data fusion and estimation algorithms to track space debris. This position provides the selected candidate with a unique opportunity to contribute towards India’s self reliance in risk assessment for space assets by providing operationally flexible, scalable, transparent and indigenous space situational awareness solutions.
Rs. 31,000/- for CSIR-UGC Net (Assistant Professorship)/ GATE qualified candidate.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Submit your application on or before June 30.
3 years (may be extended).
Dr. Sanat K Biswas