Applications are invited for JRF at IIT Indore under SERB Funded project for the year 2023. The last date for application is 14 July.
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for two Junior Research Fellow (JRF) positions at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Indore in two externally sponsored research projects entitled:
(1) “Design and Demonstration of Reconfigurable Intelligent Surface (RIS) Assisted Internet of Things for 6G/ 7G Communication” funded by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) and
(2) “3-D Printed Metamaterial based EM Designs for Stealth Applications” funded by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
About IIT Indore
Indian Institute of Technology Indore located in Madhya Pradesh, known as IIT Indore or IITI, is an institute of national importance established by the Government of India in 2009. It is one of the eight new IITs, started by the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
The institution started functioning from 2009-10 on a temporary campus at the Institute of Engineering and Technology of Devi Ahilya University under the mentorship of IIT Bombay. Shri Arjun Singh, the Union HRD minister, laid the foundation of the permanent campus, spread over an area of around 501.42-acre (2.1 km2), on 17th February 2009 at Simrol, a location on Khandwa Road about 25 km from the city of Indore.
- B.E. /B. Tech. in Electronics Engineering /similar departments with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/University and having a valid GATE score in the relevant subject (or) M.E. /M. Tech. /M.S. in Electronics Engineering / similar departments with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/University and having GATE qualification in the relevant subject
- Experience in the area of RF and Microwave Engineering and related fields is desirable/ preferable.
- Age limit: Maximum 32 years. Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Women and physically handicapped candidates as per Government of India norms.
INR 31,000/- per month (Consolidated emoluments) + House Rent Allowance (as per norms).
The initial duration in both projects is for one year, which is extendable for two more years based on performance. The appointments are co-terminus with the projects.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a detailed resume to Dr. Saptarshi Ghosh (sghosh[at]iiti.ac.in) with the subject “Application for JRF under SERB/ DRDO Project” by July 14, 2023. The applications will be scrutinized and only shortlisted candidates will be intimated through email for an interview.
The interview will be held online, tentatively in the month of July 2023.