Registrations are invited for the International Social Studies Olympiad by SilverZone. Register by August 31 and win exciting prizes!
- The SilverZone Foundation aims to provide a platform for students to showcase their knowledge and skills.
- They are committed to identifying and nurturing young talent and creating a supportive environment for students to excel.
- The programs offered by the foundation are designed to provide a challenging and stimulating learning experience that encourages critical thinking, problem-solving, and innovation.
- They believe that competition is a healthy way to motivate students and help them reach their full potential.
- Through their exams and assessments, the SilverZone Foundation aims to prepare students for the challenges of the 21st century and equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in an increasingly competitive world.
About the Olympiad
The International Social Studies Olympiad (iSSO) is a prestigious educational event held annually at both the national and international levels. The iSSO is aimed at testing students’ knowledge and competency in various fields such as History, Geography, and Civics. The syllabus for the iSSO is based on the curriculum provided by CBSE/ICSE and State Boards, which ensures that students are adequately prepared for the examination.
The iSSO examination provides a platform for students to showcase their understanding of various concepts in social studies, from ancient civilizations to modern-day political systems. The examination not only tests the students’ knowledge of facts and figures but also their analytical and critical thinking abilities.
Moreover, the iSSO encourages students to develop a passion for social studies by promoting an interest in current events, global issues, and the history of different cultures. It aims to create a more comprehensive understanding of the world by providing a deeper understanding of social studies. By participating in iSSO, students have the opportunity to sharpen their cognitive abilities, increase their knowledge of different cultures, and hone their analytical skills. iSSO is an excellent opportunity for students to test their knowledge and skills in social studies and to improve their understanding of the world around them.
Structure of the Olympiad
All the students of classes 1 to 12 are eligible to take part in Level 1 (Only).
The top 1,000 Olympiad rank holders between 4 and 1003 with minimum marks of 50% and above.
Class 1 rank holders with minimum 75% marks and 100 participation in the respective subject from the school.
International Olympiad 1st rank holders of Classes 6th to 12th from 2nd level will be eligible for level 3. Level 3 will be conducted in New Delhi, India.
The Olympiad is organized in the respective schools of the participants during school hours. The structure of the event (iOS) stands as the following:
There will be a different question paper for each class. All the questions are objective-type with no negative marking for wrong answers.
|Class 1 & 2
|Classes 3 to 5
|Classes 6 to 8
|Classes 9 to 12
|Total marks: 100
|Duration: 40 minutes
- Section-1: Science.
- Section-2: Reasoning and Aptitude.
- Section-3: Scholar’s Zone.
- The medium of the test is English only.
- The Olympiad is conducted annually on two dates on school premises. The school may opt for the two dates suggested for the Olympiad examination. Each date of the Olympiad exam has a separate set of question papers.
About the Test Paper
The language medium is English only. The examination is being conducted for all classes from 1 to 10 with the following details:
- For classes 1-2: There will be 25 questions and the duration will be of 40 minutes.
- For classes 3-5: There will be 30 questions and the duration will be of 40 minutes.
- For classes 6-8: There will be 35 questions and the duration will be of 40 minutes.
- For classes 9-10: There will be 40 questions and the duration will be of 50 minutes.
- The details of the manner in which the test is to be conducted will be sent with the question papers. The questions will be of an objective type in nature with multiple-choice answers. There is no negative marking.
- For all classes, OMR answer sheets will be provided. The students are allowed to retain their question papers, whereas answer sheets shall be returned to the foundation for assessment and marking.
Sample Question Papers
The detailed Syllabus and Sample Test Paper are provided on this website, click the following links to download the Syllabus and Sample Test Paper class-wise. For books, please contact the School Coordinator or book your order online now.
The tentative chapter-wise marking Scheme will help students to perform better in SilverZone Olympiads. The actual marks distribution may differ depending on the prerogative of the authors/selectors/paper setters concerned. The Syllabus may be reduced depending on the prevalent Coronavirus pandemic conditions. The same will be updated here in due course of time.
Raw Score is derived from the total of multiplying each correct answer with its base marks. i.e. Raw Score = SUM (correct answer x subsequent base Marks).
Total Marks = Raw Score + SUM (Weightage of Correct Answers).
Weightage: Each Question carries an additional weightage starting from .0001, .0002 and so on. E.g. Question No. 1 will have a weightage of .0001 and Question No. 2 will have a weightage of .0002 and so on. The weightage will be used to break the tie while calculating Class/Zonal/Olympiads ranks.
Includes all Students from India and Abroad in the same class.
Includes all students from all sections/division of the same class of the same school.
Prizes and Ranks
|1st Olympiad Rank
|1st Intl. Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000/-.
|2nd Olympiad Rank
|2nd Intl. Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Cash Prize of Rs. 7,500/-.
|3rd Olympiad Rank
|3rd Intl. Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/-.
|4th to 10th Olympiad Rank
|4th to 10th Intl. Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with Gift Certificate of Different Value.
|11th to 25th Olympiad Rank
|11th to 25th Intl. Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with Gift Certificate of Different Value.
|26th to 500th Olympiad Rank
|26th to 500th Intl. Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with Topper Achievement Certificate.
|1st, 2nd, and 3rd Zonal Rank
|All Zonal Rank 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rank holders of all classes will be awarded Medals of Excellence.
|1st, 2nd, and 3rd State Rank
|All State Rank 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rank holders of all classes will be awarded Medals of Excellence.
|1st, 2nd, and 3rd Class Topper
|All the participants will be awarded the participation Certificate Reflecting their Class/Zonal/State/Olympiad Ranks and Marks.
|All the participants will be awarded with the participation Certificate Reflecting their Class/Zonal/State/Olympiad Ranks and Marks.
For up to 10 students getting the same rank, the award amount will be divided & distributed equally. In addition, each winner will be awarded a Symbolic Golden Medal of Excellence in the relevant category and Certificate.
In case 11 & more students get the same rank, in lieu of a shared cash award, each winner will be awarded a gift certificate coupon along with a Medal of Excellence (in the relevant category) and a Special Achievement Certificate.
At School Level
Medals to Class Toppers.
The top three class rank holders will be awarded Medals of Excellence, Students must score at least 50%.
Chapter-wise Performance Analysis Report for Each Participating Student
Every student who appears in this Olympiad will be provided with a Chapter wise Performance Analysis Report. It is a detailed analysis of how the student attempted the exam.
The Question-Wise Performance Analysis Report Consists of Four Sections
- Section A: provides the student’s marks and rank achieved in Class/Zonal/Olympiad ranks.
- Section B: provides a Chapter wise performance score of the student.
- Section C: provides percentile score help to compare the result of other students in the Zone and at the international level.
- Section D: provides a percentage score analysis of the student with a comparison with the Class, zone and international level.
The objective of the Report is to share with the student and her / his parents, an analysis of the student’s answers. This is expected to enable the student to understand her/his strengths and areas requiring improvement in absolute terms and also on a competitive scale consisting of lacs of students who appeared in the Olympiad.
Each winner will be entitled to one award for an exam. The winners will be entitled to the higher-level award only. For eg, the international top 3 rank holders will be entitled to awards based on their International ranks. Awards accruing to them for their Zonal ranks will be given to the next rank holder. Similarly, class award accruing to a Zonal award winner will be given to the next rank holder
How to Register?
The prospectus containing the Registration Forms for iSSO is sent to all the schools registered with the SilverZone Foundation. However, it might not have updated information that has been incorporated and updated later in this website regarding changes in syllabus, prizes and levels, etc.
The schools which are NOT registered with the Foundation may also request for prospectus by sending an e-mail at info[at]silverzone[dot]org or by calling the Foundation at (+91) 11-69114100 (30 lines).
The schools must return the Registration Forms, properly filled in and complete in all respects, by the due date to the Foundation.
Principals/teachers may please note that any school can become a registered center for the International Social Studies Olympiad (iSSO). No fee is required for the same. Only for feasibility reasons, a minimum of 20 students need to be registered for the iSSO, from the school. Any clarification regarding rules, format/pattern of the paper, etc., may be sought from SILVERZONE FOUNDATION through phone-call (+91) 11-69114100 (30 lines) or email at info[at]silverzone[dot]org.
- First olympiad date: November 3, 2023.
- Second olympiad date: December 21, 2023.
- Last date of registration: August 31, 2023.
Click here to read the official notification of the International Social Studies Olympiad by Silverzone [For Students of Classes 1 to 10; Cash Prizes, Ranks, and Certificates as Awards].
Image taken from here.