Online applications are invited for the Hardware Engineer Internship at IBM Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Pune. Check the Internship details below!
IBM is a leading provider of global hybrid cloud and AI, and consulting expertise. They help clients in more than 175 countries capitalize on insights from their data, streamline business processes, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge in their industries.
The International Business Machines Corporation nicknamed Big Blue, is an American multinational technology corporation headquartered in Armonk, New York, and is present in over 175 countries.
Job Description of Hardware Engineer
- IBM Systems group has developed some of the most powerful supercomputers in the World. The technology which is used to develop the circuits is shrinking.
- The newer technologies and foundries need a faster turnaround time to develop the physical designs which eventually get fabricated on silicon.
- The layout design also known as a mask layout design is constrained by the foundry and increased challenges with the introduction of new technologies.
- New methodologies are the need of the hour to develop processors and their components namely, Array, Register files, Synthesizable designs, large blocks, etc.
- ISDL Processor Development teams work on the development of the latest generation processors that power IBM Z Systems (Mainframe) & IBM Power Systems.
- The team is involved in defining the methodology for the circuit-layout design and the post-layout optimization.
- Timing requirements, reduction in noise numbers, staying on the defined Power ranges, and at the same time building robust layouts in an automated way have been the key challenges.
- You will be involved in collating various data from the historical designs and would be required to propose solutions to define the methodology resulting in pathbreaking innovations.
- You will acquire a deep knowledge of the layout design and physical design flow.
Skills Required of Hardware Engineer
- Working knowledge of the VLSI Design cycle, Digital Electronics, Computer Architecture, Hardware-based encryption engines, and Operating systems
- Good programming and scripting skills are highly desired.
Responsibilities of Hardware Engineer
- The Server memory development team at IBM India Systems Development Lab (ISDL) works on the latest Server class memory technology which includes developing memory subsystem architecture with DDR4 & DDDR5 DRAM DIMM, MRAM, SSD/FLASH, and Storage class memory.
- You shall get an opportunity to learn about server memory subsystem architecture and emerging memory technology trends.
- You could expect to perform validation & competitive analysis of new technologies and prototype/engineering samples from suppliers along with hands-on experience in a POWER Server Lab.
- At the end of the project, you should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of a POWER server, suggest improvements to the present validation techniques, and show a deeper understanding of server memory architecture.
Required Skills Sets of Hardware Engineer
- Working knowledge of VLSI Design cycle, Digital Electronics, and Computer systems.
- Proficient in different memory technologies and their end uses.
- Proven programming and scripting skills (Python/PERL) are highly desired.
Preferred Skill Sets of Hardware Engineer
- Strong Communication, analytical, interpersonal & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deliver on agreed goals and the ability to coordinate activities in the team/collaborate with others to deliver on the team vision.
- Ability to work effectively in a global team environment.
How to Apply for Hardware Engineer?
Interested candidates can apply directly through this link.
Location of Hardware Engineer Internship at IBM Bangalore
Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Pune.