Ministry Of Commerce And Industry invites applications for their DPIIT Internship. This opportunity is open throughout the year, check the details below!
About Ministry of Commerce & Industry
The Ministry of Commerce & Industry comprises two departments i.e. the Department of Commerce and the Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade. The Department formulates, implements, and monitors the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) which provides the basic framework of policy and strategy to be followed for promoting exports and trade. The Trade Policy is periodically reviewed to incorporate changes necessary to take care of emerging economic scenarios both in the domestic and international economy.
DPIIT Internship Details
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry has introduced an internship scheme for students pursuing Under Graduate/Post Graduate degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized universities/Institutions within India or abroad.
- The objective of the internship scheme is to give exposure to the students to understand the working culture of Govt. of India and to apprehend the schemes being run by this Department.
- The Internship Scheme will remain open throughout the year and applicants can choose a period of their choice ranging from- one month / two months / three months as per their requirements.
- The applications will be accepted online mode only.
- Applicants pursuing Graduation/Post Graduation/Research in the following domain are eligible to apply –
Engineering, Management, Law, Economics, Finance, Computers, Library Management
- Candidates from other domains can also be considered based on requirements on case to case basis.
- Maximum Number of interns selected at a time – Not more than 20.
Those who will not complete the requisite period of internship will not be awarded any certificate.
- Step 1: Visit the DPIIT Internship official page
- Step 2: Fill in the mandatory fields: Name, Father’s Name, Date Of Birth, Address, Phone Number, Email, Mobile Number, Area of Interest, Starting date of Internship, Time of Internship, and the details related to the Educational Qualification.
- Step 3: Verify your Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Step 4: Click on “Submit”.
- Step 1: All the applications received through online mode in the Department will be compiled in one place in the Establishment Division.
- Step 2: Sections/divisions will send their requirement for “Interns” to Establishment Division with the approval of the concerned Bureau Head.
- Step 3: On receipt of a request from the Division/Section for intern/s belonging to a particular discipline, the details of the available applications of that discipline will be provided to the concerned Division.
- Step 4: The Bureau Head will select intern(s) based on their requirement and inform the same to the Estt. G Section. Thereafter, Estt. G Section will obtain approval from DS(Estt) and send the offer letter to selected Inte
- Aadhaar Number
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Age/DOB (Class 10th/12th Marksheet)
- Proof of Current Educational Qualification
- Bank Details (for the payment of stipend)
At the time of joining on selection, the applicant shall be required to submit:
- A letter from their Head of Institution/Head of Department/ Principal, indicating their status in the Institution.
- “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from their Head of Institution/Head of Department/ Principal, allowing the student to undergo the Internship program for the proposed period.
At the time of completion of the internship, the Intern shall be required to submit a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment to the concerned Divisional Head about their learning experience
Stipend and Other Benefits
- Interns would be paid a stipend of ₹ 10,000/- (Ten Thousand) per month.
- The processing of payment towards the stipend amount will be initiated after the completion of the internship period.
- The period of the Internship shall be a minimum of one month and a maximum of three months.
- After completing the internship, students will be awarded an Experience Certificate by the section concerned in which the intern worked.